*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of advice will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. You’ll also receive our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” newsletter. It’s the best content from around the industry on specific ways to apply the human side of advice in your practice, process, and conversations.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through.
Here’s the best part…you can try it for free with 12 clients.
Most financial advisors’ meetings are underwhelming.
They typically include a mix of small talk, dialogue, fact-finding and a less-than-riveting display of numbers and charts.
It’s the main reason why prospects leave your office and don’t respond for months (if ever), despite the fact that they need help. And you knew you could help them.
It’s also the main reason that you won’t find clients excited and eager to come to their review meetings.
Sten Morgan felt this in his meetings and decided there had to be a better way.
He wanted to do two things:
- Create authority and help prospective clients clearly understand the value of working with him
- Create urgency by highlighting big problems that actually inspire clients and prospects to act
Doing that required becoming a master communicator. And, there’s one communication superpower he’s developed that creates authority and urgency.
In this episode, Sten shares how he’s leveraged the power of communication to create a meeting experience where clients leave saying: “That’s different than any meeting I’ve ever had.”
Things You’ll Learn
- The “Quantify and Multiply” approach to create urgency
- A formula to answer “What do you do?” in a compelling way
- The meeting-altering power of whiteboarding (and how to do it)
- The average things most advisors do that lead to boring meetings
- How to create “big problems” that spur urgency to move forward
- Why all financial advisors need a superpower (and how to find it)
- Why having someone else take notes makes you a better communicator
- Why standing up in a meeting changes the entire dynamic (in a good way)
- The advisor’s responsibility to communicate our value in a compelling way
- Why the “trust gap” is the main thing keeping prospects from moving forward
About Sten Morgan, CFP®, ChFC
Sten Morgan is the founder of Legacy Investment Planning and was named a “40 Under 40” advisor by Investment News. He also runs the Elite Advisor Network where he coaches and guides other advisors to become more fulfilled and successful in their work.
Other Episodes You’ll Like On Improving Communication Skills:
- The Trust Mandate: How To Build High-Trust Relationships With Clients and Prospects with Herman Brodie
- Emotionally-Compelling Conversations To Fast-Track Trust and Likability with Deirdre Van Nest
- 3 Proven Techniques To Enhance Your Questions And Elevate Your Conversations
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you take your relationships and your practice to the next level:
- Human Side of Advice Masterclass: Build a human-first planning process to convert prospects into life-long clients
- The Ultimate Intro Meeting: Learn how to qualify and convert prospects in 30 minutes without being salesy
- HSOA “Core”: Exclusive content, courses and conversations to master the human side of advice with like-minded advisors
If you want more information on any of these, let me know here.