*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. You’ll also receive our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” newsletter where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on specific ways to apply the human side of advice in your practice, process, and conversations.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through. Here’s the best part…you can try it for free with 12 clients.
Imagine you have a meeting with a prospective client tomorrow.
Someone you’ve never talked with about their finances before.
Maybe they came as a referral from a current client, an inquiry from the website, or a friend-of-a-friend that you’ve known for years.
The prospective client walks in with three questions lingering in their mind:
- Do I like you?
- Do I trust you?
- Do I feel confident you can solve my problem or deliver my outcome?
And, while the vast majority of advisors know how to answer questions about the inner workings of the tax code, very few know how to answer these three questions.
In fact, most advisors make a huge mistake in their first meeting with a prospective client.
It’s no secret that people buy on emotion and justify with logic.
Yet, most advisors lead with logic instead of emotion.
That’s why it’s critical for people to not just GET your message. They must FEEL your message. Without that, no one is buying anything.
As Deirdre Van Nest says, “We have to get prospects out of their head and into their hearts.”
But how do you do that? You learn to communicate in an emotionally-compelling way.
Emotionally-compelling communication accelerates trust, likability, and connection.
It allows you to create a level of trust and likability in 3 minutes that would normally take 3 meetings (or even 3 years).
And once you can do that, you’ll seamlessly convert more prospects into life-long clients and you’ll do it in less time.
Fortunately, Deirdre Van Nest trains advisors around the world on the secrets to communicating in an emotionally-compelling way that gets prospects out of their heads and into their hearts.
Things You’ll Learn
- The biggest myth holding advisors back in their business
- Keys to making yourself relatable in the first conversation with a prospective client
- Importance of understanding the “Come From” in an initial prospect meeting
- Why the purpose of the first meeting should NOT be determining fit (and what it should be)
- A “superpower” to get prospects and clients to make decisions faster
- Why you should send a video in advance of your first prospect meeting
- What your goal should be for the first 10-15 minutes of the conversation
- Getting prospects to open up in a first meeting by “flipping the script”
- Importance of a “Why” story to explain why you do what you do
- The magical question to ask at the beginning of the initial meeting
- The mistake most advisors make that takes clients out of their heart and into their head
- Three stories every advisor needs in their toolkit
- How to package your service offering to more effectively communicate how you help clients
About Deirdre Van Nest
Deirdre Van Nest is a top-rated international Keynoter, Speaking Coach, Story Strategist, and the founder of Crazy Good Talks; a company devoted to helping financial professionals and entrepreneurs fast-track their Know, Like, and Trust Factor so they get to the “YES!” quicker.
Other Episodes You’ll Like On Elite Communication Skills:
- Changing Behavior By Focusing On Communication And Connection with Joy Lere
- The Financial Therapy Skills & Techniques That Every Financial Advisor Needs with Kristy Archuleta
- Developing The Essential Communication Skills Every Advisor Needs with Jim Grubman
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: An 8-week group program on building trust & connection, aligning money and life, and delivering frictionless advice.
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting.
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): An online space to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you want more information on any of these, let me know here.