*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through. Best of all, you can try it with 12 clients for free.
When a prospective client walks through the door, the ability to turn them into a life-long client boils down to the ability to do two things:
- Create trust and likability
- Uncover personal, sensitive information
If you’re unable to do both of those things, then they won’t become a client.
And nothing else matters because you can’t use your technical knowledge if the prospective client doesn’t move forward.
Your exquisite, intimate knowledge of the tax code that will save them hundreds of thousands of dollars?
And, when you want to know how to improve your skill set to create trust and likeability while uncovering personal and sensitive information, you start by looking to the professions where their livelihood hinges on the ability to do those two things.
Hostage negotiators, therapists, coaches, and others have to develop the skills to do these two things, otherwise, they’re extinct.
What’s their primary tool? Asking great questions.
Once you can enhance your questions and elevate your conversations, you’ll have no problem converting prospects into life-long clients.
In this episode I’ll share:
- The research confirming the power of questions to build trust and elicit information
- The “3E Questions” that create conversational flow
- How to use follow-up questions to open the floodgates to the conversation
- How to structure your questions to encourage a better response
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: 8-weeks alongside other advisors learning how to build trust & connection, align money and life, and deliver advice clients actually implement
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): A place to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.