*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through. Best of all, you can try it with 12 clients for free.
Lack of follow-through and implementation of advice is a wide-spread problem.
This study shows that 70% of clients implement less than 20% of recommendations.
To this day, one of my favorite all-time quotes from the podcast came from Natalie Taylor in Episode 33.
She said she doesn’t encounter problems with implementation. Naturally, I asked her for her secret sauce.
Here’s what she said:
“I’d rather give advice that gets 80%-90% of the results with 50% lift on their end than advice that’s 100% optimal that never gets implemented.”
Advice optimized for the plan requires saving $985/month to retire with no regard for the client’s capabilities.
Advice designed for the client means the client agreed to save an extra $725/month because that’s what they decided was doable.
Design your advice for the client and watch your implementation problems disappear.
After all, the best advice is the advice that actually gets implemented.
In this episode, we’ll look at:
- A client story demonstrating reasonable over rational advice
- One of the primary barriers that prevent clients from implementing
- How to optimize advice for spreadsheets but design it for real-life
- Three questions to ask that will drastically improve follow-through
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you take your relationships and your practice to the next level:
- Human Side of Advice Masterclass: Build a human-first planning process to convert prospects into life-long clients in 10 weeks
- The Ultimate Intro Meeting: Learn how to qualify and convert prospects in 30 minutes without being salesy
- HSOA Core Membership: Exclusive content, courses and conversations to master the human side of advice with like-minded advisors
If you’re interested, let me know here.