*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of advice will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. You’ll also receive our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” newsletter. It’s the best content from around the industry on specific ways to apply the human side of advice in your practice, process, and conversations.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through.
Here’s the best part…you can try it for free with 12 clients.
Financial planning for one person is hard. Financial planning for two people (couples) is another level.
Every advisor remembers sitting in a meeting with a couple where one person is engaged and the other hasn’t said a word.
And you wonder, “What are they thinking over there? Should I force them into this conversation?”
Or the meeting with the couple whose goals aren’t aligned.
One partner wants to leave all of their money to their kids. The other spouse only wants to leave a small amount so they aren’t spoiled.
Or one partner wants to prioritize saving for their retirement and the other one wants to fully fund their child’s education and worry about retirement later.
Of course, while working with couples certainly has its challenges, it’s also an opportunity for advisors to help couples align and thrive financially.
But, doing so requires knowing the skills you need to navigate the dynamics of working with couples and money.
Fortunately, Ashley Quamme specializes in this area and has been working with couples and their money for years.
In this episode, she’s going to crack the code to getting both partners engaged and on the same page so they can thrive together financially.
Things You’ll Learn
- Her favorite question to help couples get “unstuck”
- How to use “Relationship Maps” when working with couples
- An effective way to make sure both partners are fully dialed-in
- How to set the expectations for both partners to talk and engage
- What to do with couples who aren’t on the same page with their goals
- The “Think.Feel.Do” process that takes your meetings to the next level
- What she considers the most powerful thing advisors can do for couples
- The 3 factors that contribute to couples not on the same page with their goals
- Questions to ask couples to assess their financial relationship (without being intrusive)
- How a fractional financial behavior officer helps advisors master the human side of advice
About Ashley Quamme, LMFT, FBS®, CFT-I™
Ashley Quamme is the owner and founder of Beyond The Plan™, where she offers Fractional Financial Behavior Officer services to advisory firms and provides them the tools and strategies necessary to navigate the complexities of financial psychology and communication practices.
She’s also a Financial Behavior Specialist®, a speaker, and with a background in marriage and family therapy, she specializes in financial therapy with couples.
Other Episodes You’ll Like On Working With Couples & Money
“5 Steps For Advisors When Making A Mental Health Referral” by Ashley Quamme
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- Human Side of Advice Masterclass: Build a human-first planning process to convert prospects into life-long clients in 10 weeks
- The Ultimate Intro Meeting: Learn how to qualify and convert prospects in 30 minutes without being salesy
- HSOA Community (LAUNCHING IN OCTOBER): Exclusive content, courses and conversations to master the human side of advice with like-minded advisors
If you want more information on any of these, let me know here.