*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of advice will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. You’ll also receive our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” newsletter. It’s the best content from around the industry on specific ways to apply the human side of advice in your practice, process, and conversations.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through. Here’s the best part…you can try it for free with 12 clients.
If you want to convert more prospects into clients and more clients into life-long clients, you first need to know the answer to two questions:
1) Why do people hire a financial advisor?
2) Why do people fire their financial advisor?
They might be the two most important questions for any advisory business.
Because, once you know the answers, you’ve been handed a cheat code for how to most effectively communicate and deliver your value.
Fortunately, Samantha Lamas and Danielle Labotka did the research to uncover the answers to those two questions.
And, what they learned will forever transform the way advisors approach client acquisition and client retention.
Things You’ll Learn
- How to create digital content that makes an emotional connection
- The connection between listening skills and higher client retention
- How to use the emotional responses to create a competitive advantage
- The most commonly cited reasons for both hiring and firing an advisor
- The most commonly listed emotional reasons driving hiring and firing decisions
- Why clients won’t mention emotional reasons when they’re in the office with you
- The “Value Prop Makeover”: 3 steps to effectively communicate your emotional value
About Samantha Lamas and Danielle Labotka
Samantha Lamas is a behavioral researcher at Morningstar. She is a recent recipient of the Montgomery-Warschauer Award for her research in financial planning. Lamas’ research focuses on investor engagement and the factors that drive people’s decision-making about investing and money.
Danielle Labotka, Ph.D., is a behavioral scientist for Morningstar Research Services LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. She conducts original research to understand how investor and advisor behaviors and biases affect financial decision-making.
Other Episodes You’ll Like On What Clients Say:
- An Evidence-Based Approach To Winning Prospects And Influencing Clients with Evan Beach
- Uncovering Your Client’s Most Meaningful Goals with Samantha Lamas
- The Behavioral Coaching Dilemma: Giving Clients What They Want Instead of What They Need
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- Human Side of Advice Masterclass: Build a human-first planning process to convert prospects into life-long clients in 10 weeks
- The Ultimate Intro Meeting: Learn how to qualify and convert prospects in 30 minutes without being salesy
- HSOA Community (LAUNCHING IN OCTOBER): Exclusive content, courses and conversations to master the human side of advice with like-minded advisors
If you want more information on any of these, let me know here.