*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
Things You’ll Learn
- The numerous realizations Andy had that opened his eyes to the fact that he’s managing humans more than he’s managing money (including a funny yet accurate analogy comparing financial advisors to world-renown dog trainer, Cesar Millan)
- How affluent clients are at a psychological disadvantage
- Why Nick Murray says that 80% of an advisor’s fee is for behavioral modification
- How Andy has learned to communicate the value of behavioral coaching despite the fact that most clients don’t see it as a value-add
- Specific framing and titling tactics Andy uses with his clients to prompt optimal behavior and derive better outcomes
- The danger of using jargon and how to avoid it
- How Andy uses a concept called the “I was thinking number” to nudge clients to save more than they ever thought they could
- Why Andy decided to include the behavioral benefits of working with an advisor on his website rather than the traditional buzzwords like “Comprehensive”, “Holistic”, “Customized Portfolio”, etc.
- How he uses his website as an “anti-marketing” tool to send clients up the “no-ladder” and only end up with those who are a good fit
- The origin story behind the Humans Under Management conference
- Who Andy would choose for a roundtable discussion on behavior, psychology, and money
- The book he recommends for anyone interested in behavioral finance
- His recommendation on how to get better at managing humans and delivering better outcomes for clients
About Andy Hart
Andy Hart is a modern-day renaissance man. In addition to founding Maven Adviser, where he works with clients day-in and day-out, he is also the host of the Maven Money podcast and the founder of Humans Under Management, a conference dedicated to behavioral finance and delivering better outcomes to clients.
Andy came highly recommended because, not only, does he study and teach on behavioral finance, but he also has a practice where he’s working with and interacting with clients on a daily basis. So, he’s positioned perfectly to offer specific, practical strategies that he’s used with his own clients over the years.
- Maven Adviser Website
- Maven Money Podcast
- Humans Under Management
- Humans Under Management Newsletter
- Cesar Millans’s Strategy to Focus on the Person
- Simple Wealth, Inevitable Wealth by Nick Murray
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Nudge by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein
- Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business and Life by Rory Sutherland
- “The Psychology of Human Misjudgement” – A speech by Charlie Munger
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: An 8-week group program on building trust & connection, aligning money and life, and delivering frictionless advice.
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting.
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): An online space to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.