*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
Imagine looking at your calendar for tomorrow morning. You see a meeting scheduled with a prospective client.
One where you’ve already gathered enough info to know they are an ideal client for your business.
The type of client who would immediately go right to the top of your “A-List.”
The type of client you would clone 50 times if you could.
Now, here are a few questions for you to dwell on (some of these might be a bit of a gut punch so try to answer as honestly as possible).
Answer them all on a scale from 1-10:
- How confident are you that your meeting process will result in the the prospect walking out of the office, sitting in their car and saying to their spouse: “That’s the best conversation I’ve ever had around money.”?
- How confident are you that your meeting process will move the “trust dial” to a point that they trust you more than any other advisor they’ve ever met with?
- How confident are you that they will leave the office filled with confidence and certainty that you can unquestionably deliver the outcome they desire with their finances?
- How confident are you that your meeting process will help them clarify their most deeply-held values and closely-held goals?
- How confident are you that your meeting process will create an emotional connection beyond the numbers?
- How confident are you that your meeting process will help them align their money with the life they want to live?
- How confident are you that your meeting process will inspire them to implement and follow-through on the advice you deliver?
There’s no reason you should answer less than “10” on any single question. (Realistically, let’s say you shouldn’t answer less than “8” on any single question)
And, if you did answer with a “1” through “7” for any question, there’s only one reason why it’s not higher.
You haven’t intentionally crafted a consistent, repeatable process to do so.
Fortunately, Bill Bachrach was forced to develop this process 35 years ago.
He was in his mid-20’s trying to convince wealthy people in their 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and 80’s to leave their current advisor and entrust him with their life savings.
He knew he needed to do something different. He needed to do something better, which meant focusing more on a client-centric experience in what was a product-focused world.
So, he spent countless hours developing, honing and refining his process, which ultimately became known as values-based financial planning.
And, for the last 34 years he’s been teaching this values-based planning process to advisors around the world to help them attract and acquire their ideal clients.
A consistent, repeatable process that allows you to confidently answer each of the above questions with a “10.”
In Part I, we focus on the psychology and dynamics of an initial prospect meeting that you must understand and master before you can implement the process.
Then, in Part II, Bill walks step-by-step through the process, including which questions to ask, what the responses sound like, and how to set yourself up to “invite” the prospect to become a client after the very first meeting.
Things You’ll Learn
- The #1 mistake advisors make right out of the gate in prospect meetings
- Why it’s easy to “rescue” clients from their current advisors and the process to do it
- The importance of defining your ideal client with an abundance mentality
- The three outcomes produced from a values-based financial planning process
- How to create an epiphany moment where prospects convince themselves they need your help
- Cultivating and establishing a leadership dynamic with clients
- How to effectively communicate your services in alignment with the client’s deepest values
- The mindset you have to take into every initial prospect meeting
- The three questions you MUST answer to convince wealthy clients to meet with you
About Bill Bachrach
Bill Bachrach is the Chairman & CEO of AdvisorRoadmap, a virtual training platform to help advisors implement values-based financial planning on the path to building their ideal business, by acquiring ideal clients, so they can live their ideal life. Bill started off as a financial advisor, where he became obsessed with refining his process to create a repeatable experience that would acquire and serve high-net worth clients. And he’s now been teaching other financial advisors this process for 34 years.
For the past 24 years, he’s also facilitated the most expensive and intensive training and coaching program for some of the best financial advisors in the world, delivered over 1500 keynote speeches and wrote the book “Values-Based Financial Planning.”
Other Episodes You’ll Like On Values-Based Financial Planning
- Episodes 31 & 32: A 5-Step Planning Process for Syncing Emotional and Financial Well-Being w/ Amy Mullen
- Episode 33: Values-Based Financial Advice That Works In Real Life w/ Natalie Taylor
- Episode 36: Integrating A Life Planning Approach In Your Practice w/ Scott Frank
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: An 8-week group program on building trust & connection, aligning money and life, and delivering frictionless advice.
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting.
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): An online space to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.