*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through. Best of all, you can try it with 12 clients for free.
The relationship dynamic between advisors and clients is shifting away from treating the plan and towards treating the person.
The old model was the financial advisor as the “advice giver.” Treating the problem by dispensing advice. It went like this:
Diagnose –> Prescribe
The advisors diagnoses the problem, prescribes the solution, and the clients are simply expected to follow the advice.
The new model has the advisor playing the role of “thinking partner.” It goes like this:
Diagnose –> Discuss –> Decide
Diagnose the situation, discuss the options, decide together on the solution.
The client is the hero of their story.
And the advisor is a thinking partner, a guide, a facilitator, a collaborator, and a problem-solver.
In this episode, we’ll look at:
- What the field of medicine can teach us about this relationship dynamic
- Two client stories showing the importance of being a thinking partner
- Three specific ways to be a thinking partner with your clients
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- Human Side of Advice Masterclass: Build a human-first planning process to convert prospects into life-long clients in 10 weeks
- The Ultimate Intro Meeting: Learn how to qualify and convert prospects in 30 minutes without being salesy
- HSOA Community (LAUNCHING IN OCTOBER): Exclusive content, courses and conversations to master the human side of advice with like-minded advisors
If you’re interested, let me know here.