*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
Things You’ll Learn
- How to embed and communicate the value of behavioral coaching in your practice without telling someone they need you in order to get out of their own way
- The most common misconceptions about behavioral coaching
- Three specific things every one can do to improve their client’s behavior
- An exercise that walks you through where your practice can benefit from behavior and psychology
- Why the element of behavioral coaching insulates your value from any future threat posed by technological advancement
- What kids and their vegetable aversion can teach us about embedding behavior and psychology into your practice
- What research shows is the #1 predictor of keeping clients invested (Hint: It has nothing to do with their portfolio)
- The technology that Daniel is building that will allow advisors to take behavioral finance to a whole new level
- The common barriers preventing the widespread proliferation of behavioral finance throughout financial services
- How to approach and overcome your client’s money scripts by bringing awareness to them
About Dr. Daniel Crosby
Daniel Crosby is one of the most highly-respected individuals in modern behavioral finance, especially within the realm of financial services. He is the Chief Behavioral Officer at Orion Advisor Solutions, where he is in charge of the practical application of behavioral finance for financial advisors through tools, training, and technology.
He is the author of two best-selling books, The Laws of Wealth and The Behavioral Investor. And he hosts the Standard Deviations podcast where he looks at money, mind, and meaning with a psychological lens.
Above all else, he is a St. Louis Cardinals fan, which means you know he is credible, trustworthy, and an all-around good guy.
- Daniel Crosby Twitter
- Daniel Crosby LinkedIn
- The Laws of Wealth
- The Behavioral Investor
- Standard Deviations Podcast
- Orion Advisor Solutions
- Big List of Behavioral Nudges by Daniel Crosby
- Positioning Yourself as a Behavioral Coach by Daniel Crosby
- Kitces & Carl: How Advisors Can Help Clients That Are Stuck In Too Much Cash On The Sidelines
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- Irvin Yalom
- Soren Kierkegaard
- Brian Portnoy
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: Master the human side of advice alongside a group of other advisors passionate about enhancing client outcomes and changing the trajectory of their business
- HSOA Sessions: 2-hour coaching blocks where we work 1:1 to ensure your practice is designed to create clients that pay more, refer more, follow-through and consolidate assets
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): A place to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.