*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
*The featured partner for this episode is a must-have tool for helping clients follow-through and implement advice. After all, the best advice is useless in the absence of execution. Rather than stressing about follow-up calls and emails, Knudge provides a built-in system designed to improve follow-through. Best of all, you can try it with 12 clients for free.
Plant the same flower in two different environments, and you’ll get two different results.
Plant one in the rockiest soil of Antartica and you’ll get a completely different flower than the one planted in the fertile soil of Carlsbad, CA. One will wither and the other will thrive.
The same thing goes for applying the human side of advice in your practice, process, and conversations.
Two advisors can embed the same ideas in their practice, process, and conversations with completely different results.
For advisors, the soil is their mindset.
Until you understand, internalize, and embrace the principles at the core of the human side…you’ll never fully get there.
For the vast majority of advisors, their soil (or their mindset) is more like Antartica than Carlsbad.
It requires a re-programming of many things you’ve been instructed to believe. It requires a mindset shift that transforms the way you approach your practice and your clients.
If that sounds daunting, don’t worry. I’ve distilled it into 9 guiding principles.
Once you’ve fully embraced and internalized these 9 principles, you’ll be on the path to mastering the human side of advice in a way that very few advisors ever have and ever will.
Things You’ll Learn
- The importance of focusing less on “what” clients want
- What clients actually want and how to communicate to that
- What prospects actually need and how to deliver
- Why there’s no such thing as an irrational decision
- Why your process should go from life to money
The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting
Ep. 10: Improving Client Behavior By Bridging The Gap Between Your Current And Future Self with Meghaan Lurtz
Ep. 53: The Psychology of Decision Making In Financial Planning with Dr. Hal Hershfield
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: 8-weeks alongside other advisors learning how to build trust & connection, align money and life, and deliver advice clients actually implement
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): A place to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.