*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
Things You’ll Learn
- The “achilles heel” of our industry (Hint: it’s not a lack of technical knowledge)
- Why the future of financial planning will place the human aspect at the center
- Examples from the industries of hospitality, law and therapy on how to wrap the human element around technical competency
- The importance of getting a client or prospect in a calm, peaceful state prior to a meeting and specific ways to do that (this improves their decision-making ability and your odds of getting a new client)
- The one skill that robo-advisors and computers simply can’t replicate to insulate your value from technological disruption
- When you should actually cancel and reschedule a client meeting
- The power of naming and labeling emotions when talking with a current or prospective client
- A story of an advisor who used the researched-backed tools from Be-IQ to finally breakthrough with a client after 15 years of banging his head against the wall
- The “Empathy Gap” – What it is and why you should understand it in every meeting
- The “transformational” benefits of bringing behavior to life
- Who Neil wants to listen to at a roundtable discussion on behavior, psychology and money
- The one book he would gift to someone interested in behavior, psychology and money
- Where he envisions the role of behavioral finance in the next ten years
About Neil Bage
He is the co-founder of the multi-award winning behavioral insights company Be-IQ. He’s a specialist on the subconscious behaviors that drive our decisions and highly regarded for his ability to bridge complex scientific theory with real-world understanding and application, specifically when it comes to money.
He’s recognized as a go-to expert on human behavior, psychology, biology, and compelling story telling, all of which combine to reveal how people make important decisions that combine to impact their financial health and well-being.