*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
You’ve likely heard of emotional intelligence (EQ).
Intellectual intelligence (IQ) is important. But, EQ is crucial.
Especially when you work with emotional human beings on the emotionally-charged topic of money.
When the ability to do your job hinges on getting people to divulge some of the most personal and intimate details of their lives (finances, dreams, visions, hopes, fears, hardships, etc.).
When their outcomes are dependent on doing things that require delayed gratification and uncertainty.
When you’re alongside them through the loss of a spouse, the birth of a child, changing jobs, health issues, transitioning to an empty nest, caring for aging parents, and on and on.
IQ is great for navigating financial complexities.
EQ is great for navigating human complexities.
But, how can advisors and planners seamlessly incorporate EQ principles into their practice?
Beverly Flaxington, Human Behavior Coach®, best-selling author, and international speaker joined the show to break down human behavior and how advisors can apply EQ principles.
Things You’ll Learn
- The top 5 secrets of human behavior to better understand other people
- The role of emotional intelligence (EQ) in transforming relationships
- The four tenets of emotional intelligence
- The three ways advisors can apply and improve emotional intelligence with clients
- Examples of questions to ask clients that get better answers
- Keys to asking questions that get clients and prospects to open up and answer with ease
- Improving your listening skills by recognizing “nuggets” and “presenting problems”
- The trust-eroding mistake most advisors make when seeking to understand someone’s goals
- Why most advisors don’t know their clients beyond basic details and data
- The power of story telling that connects and inspires (and how to use stories with clients)
About Beverly Flaxington
Beverly Flaxington, MBA is the Human Behavior Coach®. She is a three-time best-selling author, an investment industry professional, an international speaker, Certified Hypnotherapist, personal and career coach, certified corporate trainer, college professor, behavioral expert and entrepreneur. Beverly’s knowledge of human behavior and the most effective ways to make change happen have helped thousands of people over the years.
Other Episodes You’ll Like On Understanding Humans
- Episode 5: Focusing On Managing Humans Instead of Assets To Deliver Better Outcomes w/ Andy Hart
- Episode 8: The Path To Building A “Behavioralized” Practice w/ Dr. Daniel Crosby
- Episode 6: Bringing Behavior To Life In Financial Planning w/ Neil Bage
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: An 8-week group program on building trust & connection, aligning money and life, and delivering frictionless advice.
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting.
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): An online space to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.