*If you want to be notified when the next episode packed full of practical tips and strategies to master the human side of money will be released, you can:
- Subscribe to the Show
- Join the community of like-minded advisors and planners across the world being notified via email. In addition to podcast releases, you’ll get our monthly “Wisdom Round Up” where we deliver to you the best content from around the industry on applying behavioral finance and mastering the human side of money.
If there’s one component of your process that’s most influential in both your success and your client’s success, it’s unquestionably meetings.
Whether virtual or in-person, prospective client or current client, a few minutes or a few hours.
Your meetings play a bigger role in whether your prospect becomes a life-long client than your technology, deliverables, or brand recognition.
Your meetings dictate the client experience and set the stage for whether your client is going to follow-through on your advice or if you’re going to eventually send six follow-up emails.
The last time you had a prospective client leave a meeting only to ghost you and never be heard from again, it had more to do with the quality of the meeting than your technical chops and financial acumen.
Same goes for the client who is literally paying you for your advice that will help them accomplish their financial goals and then doesn’t actually follow through on the advice when they leave the office.
If you want to take your meetings to the next level to convert more prospects into life-long clients while also enhancing the client experience and client outcomes, there are three tenets to conducting a successful meeting.
Connection: Do I like and trust this person and their advice? Do they truly understand me and my problems?
Clarity: Do I know exactly what I’m aiming for, what I need to do get there, and why I’m doing it?
Commitment: Does this make sense to do right now? When will I commit to doing it?
Dan Smaida, the “Meeting Execution Specialist” teaches advisors the behavioral and psychological methods to seamlessly boost connection, clarity, and commitment in every meeting.
Things You’ll Learn
- The most common mistake he sees in discovery meetings and what to do instead
- How to listen better in online meetings to show you’re engaged and interested
- The 3 questions running through the mind of every prospect and how to make sure you ease their mind every time
- An effective method to prevent wandering eyes and control someone’s attention during a meeting
- The “Digital Yellow Pad” approach to improve connection and follow-through
- Why the idea of a one-page financial plan may not be simple enough
About Dan Smaida
Dan Smaida is the founder of Advisory Edge and author of “Love and Selling: Suck Less at Selling.” Over the past 23 years, he has taught over 10,000 advisors how to use behavioral science and a consultative process to create a differentiated client experience that wins business.
Other Episodes You’ll Like On Enhancing Meetings
- Episode 27: Enhancing Client Connection and Outcomes in Virtual Financial Planning Meetings w/ Dr. Sarah Asebedo
- Episode 11 & 12: An Evidence-Based Approach To Winning Prospects And Influencing Clients w/ Evan Beach
- Episode 34: Evidence-Based Methods To Seamlessly Convert Prospects Into Clients w/ Dan Solin