The value and future of financial advice is currently facing a crossroads as it shifts towards blending technical advice with the ability to change behavior.
In this episode, Brendan tells the story of a client meeting he observed that helped shine a light on the forces causing this shift and why most advisors and advisory businesses simply aren’t equipped to evolve and take advantage.
Using this meeting as the lens, he explores:
- Why the future of advice will be more focused on guiding clients through the process and changing behavior for the better
- How heart bypass surgeries, entrepreneurs, obesity, and marriages teach us that providing information and advice will never be a sustainable value proposition
- How pairing technical expertise and the human side of money provides massive benefits to your clients and your business
- The immense gap that exists between the skill set advisors possess and the skill set they need to evolve with this shift in value towards the human side of money
- What advisors can learn from hostage negotiators and therapists in this quest for a new skill set
Whenever you’re ready, there are 3 ways I can help you master the human side of advice:
- HSOA Masterclass: An 8-week group program on building trust & connection, aligning money and life, and delivering frictionless advice.
- The Ultimate Discovery Meeting: A proven framework to seamlessly convert prospects into life-long clients in one meeting.
- HSOA Community (COMING SOON!): An online space to meet, collaborate, discuss, brainstorm, learn and grow with other advisors passionate about the human side of advice
If you’re interested, let me know here.